Regularly scheduled checkups throughout childhood ensure that any concerns about your child’s growth or development are addressed quickly, before they become larger issues. These appointments also give your child a chance to get to know our providers and give you a chance to ask any questions you might have. Children typically visit us for well-child checkups at the following ages:
- A few days after hospital discharge
- Two weeks
- One month
- Two months
- Four months
- Six months
- Nine months
- One year
- 15 months
- 18 months
- Annually starting at two years
If your child's provider has any special concerns, more frequent visits might be recommended.
A well-child checkup can include:
- Checks of height and weight.
- Monitoring of heart and lung function.
- Examination of the eyes, ears, nose and throat.
- A visual examination of the skin.
- Administration of any necessary vaccines.
- Time to discuss any concerns related to health or development.
To schedule a well-child visit, call our office or use MyChart to schedule online. Please note: Saturday morning well-child visits are limited, so please call well in advance if you would like to take advantage of Saturday morning hours.